Saturday 11 July 2009

First Fright




But something really scared him

So he lost his big balloon

What was it made him drop his cake?

We’re going to find out soon!


A terrible fright makes Trevor drop his cake as his balloon bursts. The door has obviously opened, and he can see the FBC. The reader can’t. Well, those were my instructions to Alex the artist, but as you can see, he had other ideas! 

My thought was that we would have some sort of hint of the Cat, maybe its tail, or a very limited view from behind, and try to communicate the sheer malevolence of the cat's character from the terror on Trevor's face. Again, I don't think that is really Alex's forte, although this earlier effort was a bit nearer the mark in terms of depicting the FBC, although of course Trevor and his terrified expression are missing:



Maybe you could do better? Let me know! Certainly, you'll be able to do better than my appalling attempt:


GO TO NEXT PAGE


No comments:

Post a Comment