Sunday 19 July 2009

Ripping Yarns


When Trevor woke the Bitey cat

She wasn’t nice or charming -

The way she ripped his little arm

Was really quite alarming!  

So Trevor gets his first taste of the FBC's true nature. From here on he's clearly in for a rough ride, whilst his putative guardian Auntie Sal is so blinded by her love for the Cat that she doesn't really notice the horrors that are happening under her very nose.

The sketch above was inspired, at least subconsciously, I think by this poster for David Cronenberg's Scanners 


I really like Cronenberg's movies - or rather I did until he went all mainstream with A History Of Violence, and Eastern Promises starring the highly over-rated Viggo Mortensen. For me he really reached his peak with Crash, although my favorite has to be Videodrome. And on that sick note I'll leave you with this. Be warned, its not for the squeamish.

No comments:

Post a Comment