Thursday 30 July 2009

This Is Where It Starts Getting Nasty



So Trevor had to call his dad

To take him right away.

“Something’s going to get me soon,”

 “If you make me stay.”

For my money this is where the book takes a more sinister turn. And to be honest I really don't know if it's too much for young kids. I don't have any of my own, and I haven't road tested the book with anyone else's. 

Trevor is frantically calling his father to rescue him, whilst the FBC is stalking down the stairs towards him, made much scarier by the fact it casts a huge, distorted shadow. The scene in this spread is inspired by this image: 


It is of course taken from Nosferatu, one of the greatest horror movies ever made. Here it is in its entirity for your viewing pleasure:


No comments:

Post a Comment